Your Youth Clubs
What do we do?
The youth workers will:
- Listen to you
- Take you seriously
- Establish a relationship with you based on trust and respect.
- Act as a voice on your behalf with other people and groups in your local area
- give you the correct and fair information on a wide range of issues that matter to you, that you need to make important choices in your life.
- Help you to organise trips and activities that interest you, such as rock climbing, theatre trips and residentials.
- Keep you informed about other events and services in Reading that you might be interested in.
How can youth work benefit you?
It is a service specifically for young people aged 13 - 19 years old within the Reading area, or up to 25 if you have Learning Difficulties or Disabilities. You can get access to a wide range of services, for example, leisure, health, careers and education.
We will provide opportunities for you, as young people, to meet in their own time, to gain new experiences, skills and knowledge. We create opportunities for you to achieve things, and to develop your own personal strengths, knowledge and skills.
We provide an exciting range of leisure, recreation and residential experiences. We can also help you to have a voice and bring about change in your local area.
What don't we do?
We will never:
- Pass on information you share with us to other teams or organistions without your consent, unless it is something that is likely to cause serious harm to you or somebody else. This is required for us under our Child Protection guidelines but we would always tell you before passing on any information to others.
- Judge you or the decisions you make.
- Do all the hard work for you - we are here to support you
- Create a dependency.
Did you know we have youth clubs running across Reading all through the week ?
North - Amersham Road and Emmer Green
South - Northumberland Avenue, Hexham Road and Whitley Wood
East - Sun Street and Bulmershe Road
West - Tilehurst Triangle, Victoria Park, Coley Park, Southcote and Dee Park ,
Use the menu on the right to find out more, or click here to find out what's on.